Thursday 3 January 2013

H&M Disney Snow White Nail Polish

H&M Snow White Nail Polish in 'Make me blush'

Today I picked up a lovely little bottle (or so I thought) of H&M Snow White polish I'd been eyeing up for a while - mainly due to the packaging. I choose 'Make me blush' which is a really gorgeous peachy pink shade with a hint of shimmer, but there was also a frosty white 'Snow white' and a silver hex and micro glitter 'Silver frost' available. At only £1.99 it was a bargain, especially when you consider the bottle size is a whopping 15mls and the pack looks so nice. Sadly the formula didn't live up to expectations, not sure I have the right to grumble at only £1.99, but I do like to get my money's worth! I found the brush much too thin and so it was really tricky to apply, I either got too much or too little polish on it and so it was very uneven, it also took an AGE to dry! It is a nice colour once done, although maybe a bit pale for my already pasty skin, here it is at two coats, but I think it could do with a third, as it's patchy in places and sadly the hint of shimmer didn't transfer onto the nail. :-(



Not sure I'd buy anymore H&M polishes if the formula is like this, which is a shame as I've read so many good reviews of them and the colours look nice, but I don't think I have the patience for another polish war like I had tonight!

UPDATE
Since my post (only an hour or two ago) little holes have appeared on the surface of the polish! It looks really odd and has only happened on a couple of my nails. I've never had a polish do this and it's under a Sally Hansen top coat - any ideas? :-(


4 comments:

  1. Looks like air bubbles, possibly from the polish not drying properly before adding a top coat/another layer of polish.
    Gorgeous colour though! Your post prompted me to buy it (:
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jamie-Lee,

      Thanks for checking out my post and your help with the air bubbles. I think it might actually be the top coat which is Sally Hansen No Chips as its since happened with some of my other polishes. I keep meaning to edit the post to remove the bubble bit but just haven't got round to it yet! Hope you liked the polish :-) x

      Delete
  2. H&M polishes are really nice! This one is a pain, but I think it's because it's pastel.... Pastel colors are usually streaky... and also these polishes are cheaper than the other square bottled H&m polishes. Those are really great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bettina,

    Thanks for checking out my blog :-)

    I'll need to have a look at their other polishes next time I'm in store as they have some lovely shades! I shall report back!

    x

    ReplyDelete